SPOOKTACULAR 3D GREETING Card for Halloween
Whether you need invites for a party or want to send a seasonal greeting, this 3-dimensional project is the craft for you. In just 6 steps, create an adorable card that will be a treat for all who receive it!
- X-ACTO® Knife
- X-ACTO® 12" x 12" Self Healing Cutting Mat
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 12" Metal Ruler
- X-ACTO® Designer Series 5" Precision Tip Scissors
- Elmer's® CraftBond™ Foam Mounting Tape
- Inkjet or Laser Printer to print artwork
- Cardstock printer paper
- Transparent tape
- 1/8” wide fabric ribbon
- download the file and choose which background card design you’d like to use. Print on cardstock paper. Cut out artwork with an X-ACTO knife or X-ACTO Precision Tip Scissors.
- Score the outside of the card down the center using an empty ballpoint pen, credit card, or the rounded end of a paper clip. Crease the score line and flatten the card to fold in half.
- Adhere foam mounting tape to the back of your banner and text artwork. DO NOT apply foam tape to the piece that will “dangle” from the ribbon.
- Use a small hole punch or X-ACTO knife to make a hole in the banner. Make a bow with ribbon and pull through the banner.
- Using tape, attach the piece you want to dangle from the ribbon.
- Attach the final banner to your card.
Add multiple layers of foam mounting tape behind the banner or Halloween text for a super 3-D effect! Decorate with glitter glues or other embellishments. Try adding multiple dangling critters to the banner!